Please sign in to post.

TGV to Avignon

Need to get from Paris in the 7Th, around Rue Cler, to Avignon via tgv train...Any help and idea about the cost...Thxs

Posted by
2876 posts

Go here: http://www.tgv-europe.com/ Put in United Kingdom as your country of residence or else you'll get kicked to the RailEurope website, which is usually more expensive. Fares very considerably depending on your dates of travel. On the website, you can bring up a 30-day calendar showing the prices each day. Be sure to select "Avignon TGV" as your destination, not "Avignon Centre."

Posted by
6898 posts

The fastest runs from Avignon TGV are 2hr 39min. The train arrives at the Gare de Lyon station in Paris. I see fares as low as 39.90Euro 3 weeks out. Not bad. I see full fares varying between 85-113Euro. If you are staying in Avignon, you are 30 minutes away from the Avignon TGV train station. A bus runs from the Gare de Avignon train station to the Avignon TGV station. Or, if you have a rental car, you can turn it in at the Avignon TGV station. www.tgv-europe.com is the website you want. Select Great Britain as your ticket collection country. Make your purchase online and you will receive a quick email with your ticket. You can print at home. Thus, you will not be visiting Great Britain to pick up tickets.

Posted by
8700 posts

If you book well in advance (up to three months allowed) on tgv-europe.com, you can get a Prem's fare as low as €25.00 for a TGV from Gare de Lyon in Paris to either Avignon TGV or Avignon Centre. (Most trains go to Avignon TGV.) To get to Gare de Lyon from the Rue Cler area, take Metro line 8 from Ecole Militaire to Concorde. Transfer to Metro line 1 and take it to Gare de Lyon.

Posted by
6898 posts

Oops, I had it backwards. Just reverse my comment above. It's the same 2hrs 39min from Gare de Lyon in Paris to Avignon TGV.