Please sign in to post.

Oktoberfest

Any suggestions or advice on getting tent reservations for Oktoberfest? Four of us are planning to attend but the sites I've checked for reservations all give a minimum of 8 people.

Posted by
2779 posts

As to which tent to pick your selection should be the "Hippodrom" as they also play some English language classics, like summer of 69 etc. Oktoberfest is fun anyway but if you can also sing along some times it just adds to the great experience. Reservations are only needed during the weekends. Mon-Thu nite you'll be fine without if you're just a smeall group of people (like 2-4). The party starts at 4.30-5pm and lasts until 10.30pm only. You have arrived at the tent of your choice before 5pm to get a seat. Bavarian style dressing is highly appreciated but not mandatory. The Australians usually wear funny T-Shirts with a pair of lederhosen and timerland boots ;-)

Posted by
8 posts

We are arriving in Munich on a Friday and just want to go to Oktoberfest for a little while on Saturday evening (the last couple of days of Oktoberfest) Do we need reservations for this? And how do you go about getting reservations?

Posted by
2779 posts

Janet, since I take all my international guests (that includes my British and American business partners) to the Hippordom as it plays some songs you'd recognize as well (besides all the oompa oompa) I suggest you go there, too. Send your reservation inquires to the following address. They speak English, too: reservation@hippodrom-oktoberfest.de

Posted by
14 posts

Unless you have someone in Munich to pick up the reservation well in advance of the fest, forget it. Most tables go to huge corportations. It is extremely difficult to get a reservation unless you are in the know. Just go and be there before 2pm and you'll be fine. After 2pm,good luck. Learn this phase "knock frie" it means seat free. I fool the germans every year into thinking I'm a local and they are more likely to let me sit with them. You have to be very outgoing.

Posted by
1 posts

Unfortunately, Hippodrom doesn't take reservations for less than 6 people. Do any of the small or medium tents accept reservations for 2?