Please sign in to post.

B&B's

Does anyone have recommendations for B&B's in Innsbruck or Salzburg? I am going in May.

Posted by
2908 posts

Hi Virginia,
Don't know if this will help, but we've stayed 3 times in the last 6 years in Hall in Tirol (6 miles east of Innsbruck) at the Gasthof Badl (recommended in Ricks book). I really can't say enough about how much we liked it here. Absolutely wonderful hosts, good buffet breakfast, very nice (and very reasonable) bar/restaurant, great views from the rooms (ask for a room with a balcony!, we requested and got room #29 all 3 times) and a great location. It's only a few minutes walk to the train station and about 5 minutes walk to the beautiful old town of Hall in Tirol.

www.badl.at

Paul

Posted by
171 posts

Thank you so much for your quick response.
I will definitely look into this.
Do you happen to know the price. I will arrive
around the 20th of May?

Posted by
2908 posts

Hi Virginia,
I looked it up at www.badl.at

prices are 32 to 37 Euro per night p/p in a double
single is 7 to 11 euro added on to the 32 to 37.

Paul

Posted by
171 posts

That is a price I can live with.
Thank you for the added information!!!!

Posted by
2908 posts

Your welcome!

We were there the first week of May 2005 and we had very good weather. Hope you have a great trip.

Will you have a car? If so we stayed at these2 places about 10 minutes from Salzburg.

www.helmhof.at

www.kirchenwirt.at

Paul

Posted by
171 posts

I don't believe I shall have a car. I will also be going to Croatia and not sure about Italy. I have 3 weeks and do want to explore Croatia and hopefully take many pictures. I love italy and have been there a few times and maybe will squeeze some time there. I have a few months to decide the final planning of my trip but so far it doesn't seem as though many people have a lot of B&B info on Croatia. I will have to post another plea for help further on. I have stayed at many wonderful places in Italy but this is my first jaunt to Austria or Croatia. I will have to post another plea for help further on with Croatia. Thanks again for the help!!!!

Posted by
427 posts

salzburg- pension eliabeth the best place at its price in the whole town.

Posted by
189 posts

Virginia, I just posted an exellent B&B near Salzburg. The buses are frequent. The name of the B&B is The Sallerhof. You will not find a newer or better run B&B with a huge hot/cold breakfast. The rooms are extremely well appointed and new. The small town just below huge mountain ranges has a really cool canal running through it. Bus drivers are well aware of it's reputation as being an excellent alternative to more expensive accommodations in Salzburg. You cannot go wrong with this B&B. Dorsey Resler You can E-Mail me at edresler@hotmail.com