Please sign in to post.

Itinerary Check

Hiplanning a trip for 3 next April. Have semi-settled on the following itinerary but would love some expert "sanity-checking" before committing. Also, any suggestions on hotels that accommodate 3 will be appreciated; ThursdayOvernight flight to Munich FridayAM arrival in Munich, train to Salzburg, overnight in Salzburg Saturday day & evening Salzburg Sunday-train back to Munich, overnight in Munich MondayMunich TuesdayMunich WednesdayMunich to Ceksy Krumlov Thursday Ceksy Krumlov Friday - CK to Prague Saturday Prague
Sunday fly home from Prague

Posted by
19110 posts

It looks like it is a few hours faster to go to Cesky Krumlov from Salzburg rather than from Munich. Perhaps it would make more sense to stay in Munich a few days after arriving, then go to Salzburg, then to CK, than to Prague. That would save you the trip back to Munich on your way to CK.

Posted by
811 posts

I see your one full day in Prague is on a Saturday and just keep in mind that the Jewish sites will all be closed. I rarely tout something as "must see" but they really are quite moving and worth a visit.

Posted by
11294 posts

Lee already posted about my one concern - the transit time between Munich and Czesky Krumlov. The rest of the trip looks fine, with a few days in each place so you can actually see something. Of course, I'd like you to have more time in Prague, but you can get a good flavor in 2 days (well, one and a half, since it takes a few hours to get from Czesky Krumlov to Prague).

Posted by
32219 posts

Christine, I also think Lee's suggestion makes a lot more sense. Be sure to plan your sightseeing carefully, as there's a LOT to see in all the places you'll be visiting. Happy travels!

Posted by
27 posts

Hi Thanks to all for the advice. I did think about staying in Munich and then moving to Salzburg-CK, but I reversed it for two reasons one, we arrive early morning Friday, and would have a big gap until we could check into a hotelthus thought it might make sense to get on the train to Salzburg then. Second, and more pressing, is that it appears as though there is a big tradshow/conference in Munich that week which has booked up all the rooms until Sunday. Unfortunately, my dates are fixed as they correspond with my daughter's school vacation. In my research, I thought I saw that it is 3 hours to CK from Salzburg and 4 from Munich, so I thought a one hour difference wasn't too big a deal is that inccorrect please advise as that might change a lot of things (maybe I should completely reverse the itinerary????? Thanks!