Please sign in to post.

airplane prices

I need to get from Barcelona to Paris on Aug 14th. I'm going to fly because the price seems cheaper and a lot faster! My question is should i buy the ticket before leaving for Spain or wait and buy it when i get there. I checked out vueling airlines and the prices seem decent. Has anyone used this airline and how was your experience?

Posted by
893 posts

You need to buy the ticket now. Prices go up as more seats on the planes are sold, and flights do sell out. I have not personally flown Vueling, but I have many friends who like it. Be sure to read the fine print on luggage.

Posted by
51 posts

Thanks for the reply. I was going to wait until i got to Spain but i bought a ticket today instead.

Posted by
705 posts

We (a group of three) flew Vueling from Madrid to Lisbon because the price was so reasonable. No problem at all. Much cheaper and less time involved than the overnight train. I would fly with them again.

Posted by
9369 posts

There is a recent trip report in the Trip Report section regarding Vueling. You might want to check it out.

Posted by
51 posts

I ended up buying a ticket on EasyJet. I've never used that airline so hopefully all will go well (unlike the report you pointed out about vueling, yikes!)

Posted by
668 posts

Hmmmm.... I am booked on Vueling Granada to Barcelona in September. Time is nt critical, but would like to arrive in daylight. EasyJet, on the other hand, I have used many times with no problem. Probably the most consistent in speedy luggage delivery of any airline I have used. Do watch your luggage allowance, though. They can be strict, and one means ONE piece of hand luggage, not plus a purse or a camera or anything else.

Posted by
32318 posts

Tracy, I always prefer to use EasyJet whenever possible, as I've found the service good and the experience to be mostly "easy". However, they do usually enforce the carry-on rules. You'll be allowed ONE carry-on item ONLY, of the approved size (and they WILL likely check). You won't be getting any free snacks or drinks on board, as is common here - you'll have to pay for everything! If you feel that your checked luggage may be over their allowable limit, it's better to pay the overweight charges at the time of booking. The charges will be more expensive if they find your luggage overweight at the time of check-in. Cheers!