Please sign in to post.

Viator tours

Is Viator Tours a reputable and reliable company? I need to book Paris tours and a day trip to Normandy ASAP for next month. Their tours sound excellent. Many thanks for any advice.

Posted by
8680 posts

I used them to coordinate my visit to the Last Supper, Sforza Castle, The Dumo and La Scala in Milan. Excellent local English speaking guide. Comfortable bus. Would book with them again.

Posted by
29 posts

I have friends who booked a private sound of music tour with them in Salzburg and they had nothing but good things to say about it. My husband and I decided to do the same based on their recommendations.

Posted by
24 posts

Thank you for your positive and immediate response. I very much appreciate our time and effort!
Mimi

Posted by
272 posts

i have used them for tours in a couple different countries. everything went smoothly and would use their services again.

Posted by
11507 posts

Viatour is NOT a tour company. Viatour sells other companies tours. So what you need to do is price out the tours directly and see if you are getting a deal,, occaisonally Viatour reserves alot of tickets so passes a savings on to you, but mostly tours cost a bit more.. since you are paying for one stop shopping so to speak. The main tour companies that they use are: ParisVisions and Cityrama. They are both well known reputable and reliable big bus tour companies. Each has a website in english. Price out tours, you will see they are almost identical,, probably as both companies are owned by same corp. Another well known and completely reputable tour company is France Tourisme, , one of our posters here took the tour to Mont St Michel and was satisfied,, he was also happy to pay less for that tour then similar on either Parisvisions and Cityrama. I have taken tours with both Cityrama( Loire Valley Chateaus) and ParisVisions( Brugges) and they were fine. I will be using FranceTourisme this year as they are cheaper and I have now "talked" to enough posters on some other forums I go on to be assured the product is equal if not better then both other companies. That said, they are all the big bus experience.

Posted by
11507 posts

Ps Yes you can book directly online with all three companies. As I said, look at their website and compare prices,, you may or may not be getting a deal,, and if not getting a deal, why deal with a middle man agency? Via tour ,, its a play on words.

Posted by
24 posts

Dear Travel Friends from far and wide:) Thank you for your responses. Rick Steves' is The Best and I very much appreciate his putting me in contact with all of you. You have been most helpful to me. I look forward to returning the favor in the very near future. Happy travels,
Peggy

Posted by
1986 posts

I agree with Pat's suggestions, have done both day tours and longer with them. Of course it does depend on the quality of the guide assigned