Please sign in to post.

Paris Hotel

Can anyone suggest a nice, smaller hotel, not too expensive, close to the Champs Elysees?

Posted by
506 posts

Alex -

Best Western as many hotels near Charles de Gaulle Etoile IArc de Triomphe) which is at one end of the Champs.

I have had a few friends stay in this area and they felt that it was an ideal location.

BW St. Honore is lovely. Short walk to the Champs et many restaurants near by as well as Metro 1, 9, 2 and RER A -

http://bestwestern.worldexecutive.com/directory/france/paris/hotels/93127.htm

What is great about BW in Paris is that they have purchased smaller hotels, remodeled and tried to give a bit more attention to English/American travelers.

Another option a bit further away (as Champs Elysees is prime tourist) would be to look for hotels in the 16th near Trocadero - there are a few deals that can be found.

Posted by
11507 posts

Is your heart set on staying near the Champs Elysees? Are you big into shoppping?
If not, why not look in the 5th or 6th, lots of smaller budget( but clean and nice) hotels in a much more " tourist site" central area. CE is is not that central.

Posted by
104 posts

I have to agree with Pat. Personally, I found the Champs Elysees to be very busy, trafficky, and touristy. It felt really urban. I guess it all depends what you like and what you are looking for, but if you are looking for more quiet Parisiene charm without the glitz, you might want to look in a different area (like the 5th, 6th or 7th arr.)

Just my opinion!

Posted by
12 posts

You might want to check out Hotel du Palais Bourbon in the 7th. It's a great small hotel on the 7th very close to Les Invalides, Musee Rodin, and the Varenne Metro. Great hotel, great location. Agree with the comment above regarding the Champs Elysee. If that's where you really need to be than disregard my comment above, but I think the 7th is just about perfect.

Posted by
16 posts

Forget about staying near the Champs Elysees. Stay in the Latin Quarter. You'll be a very short walk to the metro and RER (no cab needed) and the atmosphere in the evening in not comparable.
I personally like the Hotel Europe Saint Severin. It was about 90 Euros in peak season this summer.

Keep in mind that the Champ Elysees is about a 30 minute walk or a 5 minute metro ride from the Latin Quarter.