Please sign in to post.

car rental in Barcelona

We have just looked at the car rental prices from via Michelin. In the past, we have rented from Auto Europe and been very pleased; however, the prices from Michelin are much lessabout 30%. Has anyone rented from Michelin and what was the experience?

Posted by
9110 posts

I wasn't aware that Michelin rented cars, and I still don't think they do. Their web site has some kind of little search engine for cars that appears to work like AE - - if finds you something and the contract is actually with the outfit that owns the cars: Hertz, Avis, Alamo, etc. I noticed two things: a. while it says that insurance is included, there's about a twelve hundred buck deductible 2. the price looked to be about five dollars a day higher than I'd expect to pay in Spain - - a quick check on kayack confirms this As a side note, AE doesn't rent cars either, they broker them. Satisfaction, or lack thereof, rests with the company that owns the car and with whom you enter into a contract. If your car dies in the middle of a trip, don't call AE, call Hertz, Europcar, etc.