Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Paris

We are looking for a nice hotel in a safe area in Paris?

Posted by
7209 posts

And do you want to be close to the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Notre Dame, etc...

Posted by
3313 posts

And some of the other neighborhoods have Parisians!

Posted by
1 posts

Trip Advisor is my favorite website to explore hotel options. Lots of personal reviews, which are so valuable. I just booked Hotel Britanique - Right Bank very close to the Louvre and The Seine. They are running a winter special that is really a great price (double w/ balcony for $200 ish). It looks romantic and very French. Found the hotel on Trip Advisor but booked directly from Hotel Britanique's site. Can't personally vouch for it yet, as we'll be there for Xmas. That is a very safe part of town, I do know this.

Posted by
11507 posts

I second Elizabeths post, and I have used the reveiws on TA to find three hotels in Paris, all were as I thought they would be, ranged from budget to mid range. I also booked independly by googling for hotels web site myself. You can also check reveiws on Venere.
As for safe, tourist areas in Paris are very safe, I have travelled alone ( middleaged women) and taken a child, so I do consider it very safe. I do stick to central( and tourist site packed areas) arrondissmonts, 1st, 5th, 6th and 7th are great for first timers( there are other great areas , those are just my faves).
I like the 6th the best, close to many cafes and shops, walking distance to many sites, ( right across river from Lourve and close to Notre Dame and St Chapelle, and the river itself is great to walk along.
It would help if you post a budget, then people could give more specific suggestions ( as did Elizabeth).
I can also reccomend Hotel Le Regent( 6th) and Hotel Brighton (1st) .

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you for all the great ideas. Price is not a factor. We would like to stay in a clean safe hotel close to the sites. We need to get to the Charles de Gaulle airport and I don't want to be more than 45 minutes away on a May Wednesday morning as well