Please sign in to post.

Itinery Help

I will be touring with 2 daughters in 20's and myself. I have our current itinerary as follows: Salzburg - 2 nights Prague - 4 nights Rothenburg ob du Tauber - 1 night Fussen - 1 night
Munich - 3 nights I have a driver taking us from Salzburg to Prague with a 4 hour stop at Cesky Krumoff. We are taking train from Prague to Nuremburg (early morning) and picking up car for Rothenburg and Fussen, returning the car in Munich. Is 3 full days too long in Prague? Would you recommend taking one day from that and adding it to Salzburg or Fussen? We will be going end of May so I need to secure hotels as soon as itinery is set.

Posted by
951 posts

I would keep the 4 nights in Prague. I did it in 4 nights and felt I took in Prague at a nice easy pace. I love Rothenburg so 2 nights would be my suggestion. I did Munich in 3 nights and find that enough as well. I've never been to Fussen or Salzburg.

Posted by
201 posts

Thanks for the responses. We will keep Prague at 4 days. Because of the lengthy travel and schedules of trains, I have actually started looking at a shuttle from Prague to Nuremburg which will allow us to leave early morning and be able to pick up the car hopefully by noon. We will then have later afternoon, evening and morning in Rothenburg and then drive to Fussen. We will spend all of the following day in Fussen arriving later in the day in Munich. We have been in Munich before so don't mind getting there late, or I guess we could drive there first thing the next day since it is close and still have the day in Munich. Have to think about that one.

Posted by
676 posts

WHat time is the train from Prague to Nuremburg, and how long is the ride? You might not be spending much time in Rothenburg, or even Fussen. Only you can decide if it's worth the time and money.