Please sign in to post.

2 Days in Paris

My husband and I only have 2 days in Paris in November - Any great suggestions?

Posted by
53 posts

Connie,

If it's your first time to Paris -- ride busses to see the city, walk/boat along the Seine, stop at a open air market -- bread,cheese,meat,wine,corkscrew etc. Just enjoy the city -- take a warm coat and good walking shoes.

Truly enjoy

Craig

Posted by
3313 posts

Concentrate on a few places that appeal to your own tastes. Don't waste time on the Louvre, for example, if you only feel you "must" see the Mona Lisa. Instead, read up on what is in Paris that speaks to your own souls and allow yourselves the time to enjoy that. I think a lot of people leave Paris exhausted and disappointed because they rushed around from sight to sight, left too little time for meals, and let the confusion of the Metro and museum lines frustrate them.

Posted by
9 posts

Soe sights, but really enjoy being with the people - eating, site-seeing, shopping, street markets, etc.

Posted by
22 posts

Connie a couple of friends and I were just in Paris in October. We walked the city and just took in the sights especially along the Champs Elysee which is a favorite thing for Parisians to do. The Louvre is okay especially if you want to see the Mona Lisa and the entrance to the musuem that I. M. Pei designed, the glass pyramid. I would definitely suggest the Orsay Museum. I can suggest a great restaurant. It's the L'Appart on 9-11 rue du Colisee. A couple from the states that are living in Italy came up for the weekend staying in the same hotel as we were and suggested the restaurant. They actually walked us to it and we were not disappointed! We ate there twice!! The restaurant in off the Champs Elysee very close to the Disney Store on that side street. Hve fun!