Please sign in to post.

paris metro tickets

I need some suggetions. I just returned from France and have 43 unused metro tickets left over+ 2 RER tickets to/from CDG airport. I carefully calculated how many we would need, then we just decided to walk more than usual along with switching some sites around. The day we left there was a sncf strike going on and it was raining so we just went ahead and took a taxi to the airport. I paid the carnet price for them so in total the whole lot is worth around $85-90 bucks. I would love to sell them, at a discount, as our next few trips to not include Paris. Has anyone ever tried to sell anything like that on ebay? I would love suggestions on where to sell them!

Posted by
11507 posts

Colleen how on earth did you end up with so many extra!!?? I've had like 4 or 5 left over once,, gave them to the hotel maid,, but 43!!Did you guy all your tickets at once? A carnet is ten tickets,, so you pre purchased more then 5 carnets! You could try ebay,, but I would just look for friends or family going to France in the next year and give them away,, or maybe you could find a poster on here that lives in dallas and offer them to the them.

Posted by
227 posts

We were in Paris last year and I ran short, found myself at a stop that did not have a person to purchase from and I have no pin card! I, carefully, calculated all my stops and then added in one carnet (which is what I was short last year). I was just too cheap to leave them all in the hotel. The weather was so nice....we were in Paris for 12 days this year.....that we walked a lot more than we usually do. Plus, we re-grouped some of our sites and there we were with 43! That's really only 10 round trips for 2 of us.....that's my excuse and I'm stickin with it!
FYI- if anyone is going to Paris soon - the D'Orsay is up and running after it's re-model and is more wonderful than ever!!!! Worth a second look! My other amazing museum find was the Alsace Museum in Strasbourg - it is incredible. I spent 4 hours there while my husband was at a meeting. I thought it was worth the whole trip to Strasbourg!

Posted by
1525 posts

Anybody know if these things expire? We'll be in Paris in mid-July and with a family of 5, we could burn through those in a hurry. We'll be flying home from CDG, too, so the RER tickets are useful...

Posted by
4684 posts

I don't think they expire unless the ticket system changes.

Posted by
9110 posts

I used a couple last year that were at least three or four years old.

Posted by
3985 posts

I don't think they expire either, unless the Metro changes the system of tickets/machines. We used some recently that had been in our money belt for >5 years and they worked just fine!

Posted by
1525 posts

I just did an eBay search and all I saw were vintage tickets. Makes sense because how could a buyer know if the tickets were used or not? No way to tell until you're standing there at a gate under Paris...

Posted by
9110 posts

You can tell if a ticket's used by the time/date stamp on the back. No stamp = unused.