Please sign in to post.

Vueling airlines

Have you flown on Vueling before? On the site it's 11 euros to check a bag. It's hard to tell if I must check my bag that is larger than a purse/backpack.

Posted by
11507 posts

Lori I have flown with Vueling from Paris to Rome. It was fine. I did purchase the luggage check in online though,, since all cheapo airlines are VERY strict about size and weight allowances,, and the fee you pay if you have to check a bag once you arrive at airport is higher then 11 euros, it just made sense to me.. The flight was so much cheaper then the train that i didn't worry about the ten ( at that time , three years ago , it was 10 euros)extra euros. I had no problem carrying on my purse which is a messenger style bag. Spend the 11 euros for piece of mind. If you read the website thoroughly you will find that gate check in bags are charged three times that.All those airlines are like that . PS I had a hard time booking my flight online at first,, it kept having trouble accepting my CC ,, it finally did,, but it was annoying. I even emailed them,, and they were very nice in responding about it,, so they do realize their was/is a problem.. but that was 3 yrs ago,, so problem is likely not there anymore.

Posted by
120 posts

Last March I tried to book a Vueling flight, on their site, from Barcelona to Palma but couldn't complete it. I ended up booking it on Expedia for the same price and no Expedia fee. I didn't have any checked luggage, so can't comment on their charges.

Posted by
117 posts

Lori,
I used Vueling in September and gladly paid the luggage fee for my rolling 30 in. duffel bag. I have flown Vueling many times and love it. The Sept. trip was half the price of the train.

Posted by
344 posts

I flew Barcelona to Sevilla and back in April on Vueling and was very nervous about it because I had heard of Vueling only on this website and wondered what the experience would be like, as I was risk-adverse traveling with 2 children and my older mother. I felt like an idiot when I got to the Barcelona airport....Vueling is like most other airlines, not some here-one-day-gone-the-next airline. Very professional, nice plane, orderly, etc. Enjoy! Don't worry. SuzieeQQ
San Diego

Posted by
2020 posts

We have not flown with this carrier yet, but we just booked an April flight on Vueling from Barcelona to Marseilles. Paid 11 euros for each piece of luggage, 3 euro to choose a seat, and 9.5 euro to pay with a credit card or paypal. The total cost still was nearly half of the only other carrier flying that route. We hit a blip when trying to complete the online transaction with credit card, but I had seen a trip advisor posting suggesting this problem; used paypal for the same fee and it went right through.

Posted by
269 posts

I loved Vueling. We flew them from Barcelona to Palma in the spring and it was one of the best (i.e., least eventful) flights I've ever had. Yes, you should go ahead and pay the carry on fee because they are rigid in their guidelines, but it's worth it for no hassles. We only paid 19 euro for our ticket, but even with the debit card surcharge and the baggage added on, it was still by far the cheapest flight I've ever gotten. Their customer service was great and the flight attendants were very friendly and helpful.