Please sign in to post.

Barcelona Hotel Recommendations

My husband and I are traveling to Barcelona in a couple weeks for 3 nights. We're in our 30's and looking for a hotel in a safe location, close to La Ramblas. Most of the hotel recommendations from Rick Steve were booked :( Any suggestions? Our price point is ideally no more than $250 per night, but willing to pay more if location is ideal.

Posted by
85 posts

Out of all the places we stayed in Europe, I was most worried about Barcelona. I wanted a nice place, not going to cost us a fortune, and most of all in a safe location. We were taking a cruise from Barcelona after spending a week in France. After looking at many hotels and areas around Barcelona on the internet I chose the hotel "Duquesa de Cardona" It is right across from the port, right near La Ramblas and was reasonably priced (at least for April) What a pleasant surprise when we got there. It was a beautiful building, real nice restarant, and wonderful rooms. The area was real nice, felt very safe walking around and down the boardwalk at the port. We were unhappy we only could stay two nights. The staff could not have been nicer.

Posted by
1178 posts

A good choice would be Hotel La Cathedral - Just off the Cathedral Square, a block or so from Las Ramblas. Central location and nice place.