Please sign in to post.

Rome...romantic city?

Hello all, As part of my Europe trip this winter, I'm still indecisive if to include Rome. Apart from Trevi fountain, Colosseum, Spanish Steps...what is so special about tis city? I heard tat Rome indeed is a romantic city...?

Posted by
712 posts

Hi mj - you would probably have more success getting answers if you post this question in the
TO THE BOOT section of this site. It's devoted entirely to Italy. Buo viaggio!

Posted by
1501 posts

DO NOT leave Rome off this itinerary.........forget the Spanish Steps...they obviously photograph well, but were the only let down I had in Rome. Go to the Piazza Navona at night.......the most beautiful fountain, yes more beautiful than Trevi........in the world in my opinion! I've been to Rome a half dozen times, and other cities as well, andRome wins!! Enjoy. The whole city is special! Buy flowers for your love at Campo Di Fiori,and wander the streets in Trastevere at night after a drink at Piazza Navona......everyone is young there,and there is bistro after bistro, music......

Posted by
1068 posts

Donna is SOOOO right. Rome is very romantic. It can be hectic, busy, loud, congested - but it just oozes Italian charm and serious, SERIOUS romance. I was young and in love in Rome once, and despite the object of my affections being lavishly SICK all over the place (bad case of food poisoning acquired in Venice), I fell in love with the city forever.