Please sign in to post.

Barcelona Spain

I have booked 3 days in Barcelona and I am not sure where is the best location to stay. Has anyone stayed somewhere they would suggest? I would like a medium cost hotel. Also any suggestions on tours.

Posted by
508 posts

Try to stay in the Las Ramblas or Barri Gotic areas. They are very central to most of the sights and tourist buses. It's also convenient for shopping and dining.

Posted by
508 posts

One more thought... You don't really need any tours, just do the tourist bus as it is very good. Also, a good day trip (about 1/2 day if you leave early) is out to Montserrat - you can buy the package ticket at the train station - it includes the metro, train ticket and funiculars at the site.

Posted by
177 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Lleo which was very good. It is located near Las Ramblas and Placa de Catalunya. This was one of the many hotels in Rick Steves Guide to Spain. Here is a link: http://www.hotel-lleo.es/

Posted by
65 posts

In 2003 a friend and I stayed at the Hotel Actual in the Eixample. We found it to be quite nice, and the neighborhood was great - close to lots of Gaudi buildings, which are a must see in Barcelona.

http://www.hotelactual.com/index_en.html

I've also read lots of good things about Hotel Banys Orientals but have never stayed there. It's in the Born, a trendy area that has lots of great little restaurants, bars, and shops.

Posted by
272 posts

i recommend the las ramblas area. but at the top..near placa catalunya. the bottom end of ramblas near the port seemed to get a bit seedy, especially at night (we saw many hookers loitering in the area at night).

Posted by
38 posts

I stayed at two different hotels while there. Hotel Lleo and Hotel Lloret.

My recommendation is Hotel Lloret. The staff was really nice and helpful, the room was clean and quiet, but best of all was the location. Right on the Rambla- easy access for food, drink, transportation, etc.
Hotel Lleo was also nice. The staff was less than pleasant, but still in a good location.

I was happy with both ultimately, but would choose the Lloret first.
Another quieter neighborhood is the Eixample. It's just a short walk from the Placa de Catalunya where most of the Gaudi sights are.

Have fun, Barcelona is a great city!

Posted by
126 posts

El Jardi, clean, simple and great location. Reasonably priced. Several small blocks off the Ramblas in the Barri Gotic area.