Please sign in to post.

CDG Airport

Hi! Didn't know if I should post this here or in the Transportation section but does anyone know approximately how long it will take once I land at CDG Terminal 1 (US Airway) to actually get out of the airport to make my way to the city? Thanks

Posted by
9110 posts

Twenty minutes to an hour depending on the number of planes arriving at the same time, if you're one of the first off of yours, and if you have checked luggage.

Posted by
358 posts

I would say the average time for me would be around 45-60 minutes. First you have to go to passport control and then ground transportation for you luggage. Unless you fly 1st,business,or member of the airlines priority club,your luggage takes a long time to arrive at CDG. Then you have to find your desired transportation to get to Paris.

Posted by
1064 posts

I have been through passport control (in Terminal 2, not 1) in about 10 minutes, I have been through in 45 to 60 minutes, and this last time, it took about an hour and a half. It all depends on what flights arrive or leave at about the same time, where you sit on the plane. how sharp your elbows are and how many young college coeds are in line ahead of you (the passport control agents at CDG like to flirt). Also, don't forget to include time from arrival to the time you actually enter the terminal; for me the last time took about 20 minutes because we had to board a bus to take us on a tour of construction sites on the way to the terminal. If there is a more dysfunctional airport in the world, it is probably in a third-world country.