Please sign in to post.

Itinerary Comments

We are planning a 3 week trip to Germany/Switzerland the last week in June through the 1st 2 weeks in July. Our itinerary is somewhat complicated by us meeting a son who has been living near Cologne since August and having another son from the US join us for part of the time. Anyway below is our itinerary. I'd appreciate any comments. Sunday AM - arrive in Frankfurt; take the train to Cologne to meet our son who lives in Wuppertal Sunday-Monday - visit Cologne sights Tuesday AM - fly German Wings to Berlin to meet our US son Tuesday-Thursday AM - Berlin sights Thursday afternoon - plane or train to Cologne/Wuppertal Friday - both sons take off for London Friday-Monday (wife and I) - Romantic Rhine, Black Forest, possible side trip to Strasbourg home of ancestors, end in Freiburg; is this doable by train or should I rent a car for these 4 days Tuesday - train to Interlacken (meeting one son coming back from London Tuesday-Thursday morning - Muerren area Thursday AM - train to Munich with possible side stop in Bodensee area for a day Saturday-Sunday - Munich (other son meets us there) Monday - Ludwig's castles (car or train for 4 of us?) Tuesday - more Munich; maybe day trip to Salsburg Wednesday (train) - Dachau; night in Rothenburg Thursday - Rothenburg; train to Frankfort
Friday - leave for home

Posted by
72 posts

Make sure to check the train schedules for rothenburg. I went there a couple of years ago and it took 3 or 4 trains to get from munich to rothenburg. It may be tough doing dachau and then getting to rothenburg in one day. But you can check all of that easily on the db website. sounds like a fun trip. enjoy!