Please sign in to post.

Night train from Paris to Nice

Does anybody know how to go about making reservations for a night train from Paris to Nice? It is the one place I am totally lost...I just don't want to get there and have the train be sold out because I know I need a sleeper. Any suggestions???

Posted by
8700 posts

You can book this train up to 90 days in advance on the French national rail site, www.sncf.com. PREM'S (discount) fares are sold for this route so book as soon as the 90-day window opens to have a chance of getting one. When you book, leave France as the default country. You print your own PREM'S ticket. It will have your name on it so you must bring it with you. If none is available and you have to pay standard fare, select the option of picking up your ticket at a station or ticket boutique. In that case you'll need to present the credit card used when booking and the confirmation number you'll be given.

Posted by
27 posts

Hi Hilary,

I think Tim has said it all. [Note: When the SNCF.com main page loads up, click the "British" flag at bottom left]. The TGV (Train Grande Vitesse - "High-speed train") goes directly from Paris to Nice, but you'll need to book in advance... You'll love the train ride; I can't quite remember, but I think the trip took almost 6 hours, and that includes going "through" the Pyrenees Mountains! Hope the weather in Nice is good, cause you're in for a treat!