Please sign in to post.

Accommodation in Amsterdam

I am looking for accommodation in Amsterdam for my husband and myself, preferably near Jordaan or Museum area. Most of the places in Rick's guidebooks are already booked so I am looking for other suggestions. I would like a B&B or smallish hotel with some charm with ensuite bathroom and non-smoking. Is this a reasonable request? It appears I waited a little too long for May travel. Any recommendation would be appreciated.

Posted by
12040 posts

Not the most overly charming place in the world, but I've stayed at Hotel de Paris (vague French theme in Amsterdam? Don't ask me why...). Reasonable price, private WCs and great location off of Leidseplein. Close enough to enjoy the atmosphere, but far enough to enjoy the quiet at night.

Posted by
37 posts

hi, my two favorites in Amsterdam are The Toren and the Estherea http://www.estherea.nl/ http://www.thetoren.nl these are both very well run and managed. they go over the top on service but yet intrusive. Very good areas, easy walking to everything. should still be able to secure rooms for May.
If you want other suggestions let me know. thx, michael

Posted by
875 posts

Check out the 't Hotel on Leliegracht in the Jordaan area on a canal. Nothing fancy, but it is non-smoking and you have your own bathroom. Breakfast included.
We got a room overlooking the canal and really enjoyed it.

Posted by
1014 posts

We booked the Movenpic -$80.00 one year the the NL-$65.00 another year, using Priceline. Great hotels, really cheap through Priceline. Also, look at, hotwire.com and kayak.com. If staying a week or so, look into an apt. at holidaylettings.co.uk, airbnb, vbro.com.

Posted by
79 posts

We have reservations at Hotel Nadia. Its very close to The Anne Frank House and its on a canal. The staff there were very helpful when I asked questions during my booking process and the rate was reasonable. We will be there in June.

Posted by
79 posts

We have reservations at Hotel Nadia. Its very close to The Anne Frank House and its on a canal. The staff there were very helpful when I asked questions during my booking process and the rate was reasonable. We will be there in June.