Please sign in to post.

Biking in the Loire Valley

Hello! I'm preparing for my Paris/Loire Valley trip the week before Easter. I'll be spending a few days in the Loire Valley based in Blois, and I'm planning on renting a bike at least one day (I'm on a limited budget so renting a car is out of the question). I'm trying to decide if I have the stamina to do the 30 mile round trip ride Rick suggests from Blois to Chambord to Cheverny. If i decide to go for it, does anyone know of any other "off the beaten track" chateaux that I could get to without straying too far from this route? Also, what kind of closures can I expect over Easter weekend in the Loire Valley, in particular on Friday and Saturday? Thanks for your help!

Posted by
91 posts

Hi Linnae, We will be in Paris/Loire the same week as you. I am intrigued about the biking after reading your post and plan to look into a possible bike trip for our family. As to closures, check the individual websites of any chateaux you may want to visit, I changed our days in that area because Chenonceau is closed Easter weekend and we want to visit there. Not sure as to other chateaus. Have a great trip.