Please sign in to post.

Itenerary

What do you think? Thanks, Eddie We 27 April: Arrive Schiphol Airport/train to Otterloo, NL (2 nights) Fri 29 April: Train to Enkhuizen, NL (1 night) Sat 30 April: Train/Ferry to Oudeschild, NL (2 night) Mo 2 May: Train to Haarlem, NL (3 nights) Th 5 May: Train to Delft, NL (4 nights) Mo 9 May: Train to Antwerp, BE (2 nights) We 11 May: Train to Ghent, BE (3 nights) Sa 14 May: Train to Brugge, BE (2 nights) Mo 16 May: Pick up rental car/drive to Ieper, BE (2 nights) We 18 May: Drive to Namur, BE (2 nights) Fri 20 May: Train to Aachen, GE (1 night) Sa 21 May: Train to Bacharach, GE (4 nights)
We 25 May: Train to Frankfurt and fly home

Posted by
32829 posts

Your itinerary only talks about travel, nothing about what you will do between trains. Even so, 4 nights in Delft seems a little much, especially after 3 nights in Haarlem. Anything you can do from Delft you can do from Haarlem, and v.v.

Posted by
12040 posts

Ditto likewise with Antwerp, Ghent and Brugge. I would just pick one (Ghent would be my choice) and use daytrips to see the rest. And I'm wondering? Are you planning to see Amsterdam as daytrips from Haarlem? Personally, I would prefer to see Haarlem as a daytrip from Amsterdam. A car is a good idea for Namur if you want to explore the Meusse valley. Public transportation between points here is a bit scanty. Some interesting drives would be down to Dinant, and over to the abbey of Maredsous. The route to Maredsous passes through some of the most primitive, sparsely populated scenery in western Europe.