Please sign in to post.

London Tours

Has anyone gone on The Original London Walks and if so which ones and how did you like it.

Posted by
15018 posts

I'm going to agree with Melanie....I've done dozens starting about 20 years ago. Only had one bad walk and that one is no longer offered. (Egotistical guide who spent the entire tour putting down the U.S.and the tour was about theater!!!!) BTWthere is a section titled "To The North" where you might get more responses next time you have a question about the UK.

Posted by
103 posts

I've gone on a couple dozen of these walks. Never had a bad one. Go with what interests you and enjoy! I also especially recommend their Explorer Day trips. BUT, to more specifically answer your questions - if I had to pick a least favorite it would be the Spy walk. It focused a lot on British spies and talked a lot about British govt folks (which makes sense), but was a little harder for me to keep up as I wasn't familiar with the references. The Inns of Court walk was not my favorite either - and I'm an attorney. Topping my list -Old Westminster, any of the haunted/ghost walks, Jack the Ripper Walk, Little Venice, Old Kensington, Shakespeare & Dickens, and many more. Truly you can't go wrong with any of the walks.

Posted by
32776 posts

Its been a few years since we used them but my wife and I have been on many, many Original London Walks and loved every one. Our favourite one was the City Walk. We went all sorts of interesting places, at an easy but steady pace.