Please sign in to post.

Pensions?

My husband and I (60 year olds) will be travelling through France (Paris), Germany (Rhine River area and Munich) and Italy (Venice, Florence and Rome) in May and would like to know if anyone has recommendations for stays at pensions. We are still planning our itinerary and would like an inexpensive yet friendly lodging experience.

Posted by
105 posts

Romantica Pucci in Bagnoreggio, Italy. It's very close to Civita Bagnoreggio and Orvieto, as well as many other hilltop towns in Tuscany. Best place ever stayed. Pucci speaks at least 4 languages and quite friendly and her husband is a fabulous cook. Good luck! peg

Posted by
2788 posts

Do you have RS guide books for those areas yet? If so, good.
If not, I would get them as they are full of good information about places to stay and prices.

Posted by
19240 posts

If I were staying in Bacharach, I think the only place I would stay at would be Im Malerwinkel. In St. Goar there are numberous place on their website. My philosophy in Germany is the smaller, the better.

Posted by
28 posts

Thanks all. Yes...I have all RS books. Bacharach and the Pension im Malerwinkel are on my list. Dana, I enjoyed your blog...great photos!