Please sign in to post.

6 days in Spain

I have 6 days in Spain ... should I do Granada (2), Seville (2), and Barcelona (2)? Or some other itinerary?

Posted by
4535 posts

How are you getting to and from Spain and from where? Is that travel time a part of the 6 days? All three of those cities in 6 days would be very aggressive, and essentially impossible if you also have to travel within them. Granada can easily be done in 2 full days, but Sevilla and Barcelona are really worth 3 days each and you'll need a minimum of a half day or more to travel between those cities. With 6 days, you could more easily do Granada (2), Sevilla (3) and a day for Cordoba (and easy daytrip from Sevilla). Or a day for the white hills between Granada and Sevilla.

Posted by
410 posts

I disagree a little that Seville needs more time than Granada but would agree that it is a very agreesive plan to see those 3 places in such a short time. I would eliminate Barcelona and as the previous poster suggested, do a day trip to Cordoba perhaps.

Posted by
984 posts

Where will you enter and exit Spain? If these are flights, how many days do you have really when you exclude (most of) the flight days? It appears you have no recognition of how much time you will spend travelling (door to door in unfamiliar surroundings) weighed against the little time in destinations on your wish list.

Posted by
23235 posts

So few days, such a big country. Personally I would save Barcelona for the next trip but it is critical, then I would suggest the following: 25 Dpt Rome/Barcelona 26 Barcelona 27 Barcelona/Madrid 28 Madrid 29 Day trip to either Segovia or Toledo. 30 To Paris. and alternative would be 27 Barcelona/Seville but it would make for a long day of travel. Could overnight in Cordoba and Seville on the 28th 28 Seville 29 Seville (could do a quick trip to one of the white hill towns)
30 To Paris

Posted by
1178 posts

Granada and Seville on one trip, with perhaps a side trip in the area. Barcelona is too far removed..lots of travel time in there, either by plane or AVE train The preferred method)

Posted by
7254 posts

You didn't mention Madrid, and the smaller historic cities around it. There are also a lot of flights that terminate in Madrid. Most posters here seem to like Barcelona the best, but my favorite is Madrid. And if you're short of time, Seville can easily be put off for a future visit, especially if you get to Granada.

Posted by
3 posts

Okay ... so I've had a reality check on travel and how long it takes to travel between cities. My 20 year old daughter and I can travel 10/25 (leaving Rome early morning) and would like to see what we can in Spain 10/25, 10/26, 10/27, 10/28, 10/29, and we will need to fly to Paris on 10/30. We want to be in Barcelona for part of our stay. So any ideas on how we prioritize where to go and how we should break up our time? Please comment!
:)

Posted by
50 posts

I would focus your time in Sevilla and Barcelona, taking the AVE high speed rail between the two. You could add in Cordoba (also on the AVE rail line) if you really wanted to add another city. How exciting!

Posted by
1178 posts

Franks first suggestion appeals to me. The AVE train from Barcelona to Madrid is 2 1/2 hours. The AVE Madrid to Seville is 2 1/2 hours. Would not want to do the 5+ hour train ride (think you may need to change trains in Madrid, either way.)...Better yet, 1/2 time in Barcelona, 1/2 time in Madrid Lots to see and do in both, and at a more leisurely pace.

Posted by
4535 posts

If you really want to see Barcelona (nothing wrong with that), then skip Sevilla and Granada for this trip. Both are worth another visit sometime but are simply too far away for such a short trip. You could do Barcelona for 3 days and Madrid for 3 days. Fly into Barcelona and out of Madrid, and the AVE between the two is less than 3 hours. That makes for a pretty efficient trip. An alternative is to see Barcelona and then go to Basque region for a few days. Then take the train to Paris from there.