Please sign in to post.

Paris in January

I am returning for a week in Paris in January. Will have not been there since jan 2008. Any suggestions on special events, apart from the sales. Is it advisable to get Monet tickets ahead?

Posted by
1326 posts

Judy - If you're a museum person, there are lots of special exhibitions. The Monet retrospective at the Grand Palais is reportedly sold out of individual tickets but a friend of mine bought a season pass from the Grand Palais website which allows her access to the Monet. Other exhibits are France 1500, the Middle Ages to the Renaissance, also at the Grand Palais, Romantic Russia at the Musee de la Vie Romantique, Jean-Leon Gerome at the Musee d'Orsay, Rubens and Poussin at the Musee Jacquemart Andree, Medici Treasures at the Musee Maillol, Henry Moore at the Musee Rodin, contemporary fashion at the Musee les Arts Decoratifs. Check out the Paris tourism websites for more info.

Posted by
1326 posts

The January issue of France magazine has this item which I've paraphrased: On January 8, the 25th annual Eiffel Tower Rally Hike offers avid walkers the choice of three different circuits through Paris. Covering 25 kilometres, the first walk leaves from the Halle Georges Carpentier and includes the Montparnasse neighborhood, Les Invalides and the Champs de Mars. The 20 kilometre route includes Place de la Concorde and Notre Dame and beyond. A 13 kilometre walk includes the bridges of Paris. The circuits start between 5 pm and 7 pm, finishing at 1 am the following day. Tickets are 1.80 euro. For more info: www.godillot-familial.fr

Posted by
53 posts

Oh, I wish I would be there by then! I don't leave till the 18th! Thanks for the info.