Please sign in to post.

traveling from spain to morocco

My husband and I are going to Spain and Portugal in mid Dec and early January. Any recommendations for places to stay or avoid on Christmas? We will be then going to Morocco. I have gotten conflicting info about the need for immunizations. Any advice on this would be appreciated.
Thanks! Nancy

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks for replying! I know that they are not required but a number were recommended by the CDC. I would just as soon skip them if not necessary

Posted by
23282 posts

We always check with the CDC via our local public health and get what is recommended. A small insurance policy I suppose. And I do carry my shot card -- old habit. We spent Christmas in Seville and enjoyed it. It will be very quiet. Only the restaurant in a couple of large tourist hotels were open and they were packed. But we had planned by laying in picnic style of lunch/dinner and wine. One of the more memorable Christmas dinners on the roof top patio of our hotel.

Posted by
6788 posts

Can't help you with Christmas, but for Morocco....depends on where you plan to go and what you plan to do. Is this just a day-trip by ferry? Or are you going deep? I'd certainly make sure I had a current tetanus shot (either way). If you're sticking to the tourist circuit (certainly if all you're doing is a day trip), I wouldn't worry about it beyond that. Tourism is Morocco is a lot more developed than many people expect.