Please sign in to post.

Parking in Amsterdam?

Rick Steves' books have very little about parking in Amsterdam, other than "if you arrive by car, park it". I found something online that says if you park in a paid park and ride lot, everyone in the car gets a 24hr transit pass. You can do this for up to 4 days for up to 5 people. Has anyone tried this? Are the lots safe?

Posted by
9100 posts

Do you have a link to the site? It seems a bit too good to be true:) The city transit passes, while being very useful, are also a bit pricey. To give them away to five people in a car doesn't quite add up??

Posted by
5678 posts

This post just made me laugh. I can't even imagine having a car in Amsterdam. I took pictures of cars parked next to canals. There is no guard rail. The cars wheels are within inches, millimeters of a drop off to the canal. My pictures of parking in Amsterdam have truly impressed my teenage nephews and nieces. ; ) Pam

Posted by
9100 posts

Wow it seems like the deal is legit! On that page there is another link to City's own website and it says the same thing. Phenomenal deal.

Posted by
3 posts

I just received a reply from an Amsterdam Hotel, the Tulips B&B (in Rick's book), that said "the local Park and ride have a good deal for tourists at the moment its 6 euro per day, plus they give you free tram tickets for the day"

Posted by
12172 posts

That's cheaper than what I paid to park overnight under the Olympic stadium. The only other issue, is the parking safe? The stadium was but I can't say about other places.