Please sign in to post.

Air France strike?

Has anyone heard about a possible Air France strike over the next couple of days? Some articles were reporting it might last several days and have dramatic impact on travelers. Other articles stated that it wouldn't be noticeable for anyone traveling internationally. I am departing on Nov 4th (night) from Washington DC and my grandmother is departing Nov 4th (afternoon) from LA. I'm worried I might not make it and she will be stranded by herself! Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by
10250 posts

Up until now, no long-haul flights have been affected by any of the strikes. The internal, short-haul flights were the ones which were affected. You might assume the reasoning is that this is an internal matter and shouldn't affect those coming and going from elsewhere.

Posted by
358 posts

I have a son who lives in Paris and the AF strike is this weekend by the pilots/flight attendents. The prior AF flights that were postphoned were due to strikes at the oil refineries and by the air traffic controllers. You never really know if this strike will be a short or long one. My son has a ticket on AF to come to Hawaii during the Thanksgiving period and hopes this stike ends after this weekend.