Please sign in to post.

Travel

I am traveling from to Rome than to Florance and finally to Germany the Black Forest area. What would be the best way to get there. By train after flighting into Rome? Any better areas to stay in Germany I want to see the castles, concentration camps, Munich, Switzerland, Salzburg.

Posted by
818 posts

where will you fly out of ... you could go into Rome, train to Florence and get an overnight train (in Venice or Milan I think) to Vienna. Train to Salzburg. From there, I think you either go to Switzerland or to Munich. Honestly - you have a lot on your list!!!! How much time do you have? That is a lot of ground to cover. Maybe try Italy and up to Switzerland.

Posted by
16287 posts

It is an easy trip from rome to Florence; check the schedules at www.trenitalia.com. As for heading north, Veinna is way out of your way. You could take a night train directly from Florence to Munich, and then head to Salzburg after your Munich visit. But they you would have to backtrack a bit to get to Switzerland.

Posted by
32212 posts

Maddy, it would help to have some further information. For example, how long will your trip be, are there any specific Castles or Concentration Camps you're interested in, which areas of Switzerland do you want to see? Also, is this your first trip to Europe? Travel by train is usually the quickest and most efficient method.

Posted by
71 posts

How much time do you have? As others have said, take a train from Rome to Florence. From Florence, you can take a night train to Munich. In Munich, Dachau concentration camp is an easy day trip. You can also visit Neuschwantstein and Hohoenschwangau castle as a day trip from Munich. Salzburg is only 1.5 hours from Munich, so you could do this as a day trip depending upon how much you want to do there (and how long your trip is). What do you want to do in Switzerland? If you could give us some more info it would help :)