Please sign in to post.

Traveling by car

If you're traveling by car from Paris to Madrid and wanted to stop in one or two places along the way where would you say would be my best choices? I have no clue....

Posted by
11507 posts

Isabel when is trip and how long do you have?

Posted by
10344 posts

That's 800 miles of driving (one way) by the most direct high speed Autoroute, and will be more like a thousand miles (one way) once you've made some sight-seeing detours and stops. So you'll want to think about where your overnight stops will be, the following list is things to see, not places to overnight. Really, to plan a road trip of that length and complexity, one that you'll enjoy the most, it's strongly recommended that you get familiar with the online road maps and auto trip planning resources at www.viamichelin.com. And not just rely on what you read here. To get you started on your planning, here's some ideas - these are only the ones down to the French - Spanish border and are all fairly close to the high speed auto route: Chartres; Blois - Amboise area, and at least one of the chateaus of the Loire Valley between Blois and Chinon; Bordeaux wine country (the wine country, not the city of Bordeaux). * * * ¶ Hopefully others will provide suggestions in Spain.

Posted by
3551 posts

That is a very long drive for just 2 stops. Consider stopping in the pyrennees and maybe Carcassone in S. France.

Posted by
12 posts

We are going to Millau next week and see the Gorges Du Tarn. You can take a one hour cruise from a city called Malena.

Posted by
4132 posts

I'm not sure I would drive that distance without a lot more time. But I nominate the Dordogne valley in France for two or three days.