Please sign in to post.

Streets to not miss in Paris's different arrondisements

Folks, Can you suggest the streets that you love the most to roam around in the afternoon and evening time after dinner? Please suggest what particularly you like about it like shopping, people, views etc.

Posted by
10344 posts

Paris is the perfect place for walks, there must be a hundred. Here's a few just to get the thread started. (Note: This is where not having line breaks is going to be a problem, with lists, so I'm going to use ... to indicate a line break ... Rue St. Louis en l'ile, down the center of Ile St Louis (views and people) ... the walks along the Seine in the "historic center", on both banks in the historic center (views and people) ... Blvd St Michel (cafe and artsy scene).

Posted by
360 posts

I'm interested, so will start this up again hoping for responses. I've been to Paris many times, but don't actually have a favorite. In my experience, shops & cafes are always changing although the overall look of the place remains much the same. I usually stay in the 7th, & on my first day I roam the area looking for changes & just enjoying the scene. If I walk to the Bon Marche, I always stop in the little park on rue de Babylone, Jardin Catherine Laboure, for some quiet time. Next visit, I plan to explore some new areas like the 16th which I've only been in once on a visit to the Marmottan.

Posted by
10344 posts

Rose, I'm glad to see you post to this topic. A day or two ago, when I noticed I was the only one that had posted to this topic, I thought, gosh, it's Paris, a common destination, it's a bit odd that we didn't get more posts. Fortunately, many of the guidebooks have suggested walks.

Posted by
8293 posts

Sonia: Either Place de la Bastille or Place de la Nation are interesting to walk all around of an evening. Lots of shops, cafés, people walking dogs, men playing "boules", etc. The inner circle at Nation is a haunt for hookers after dark but they won't bother you... they are interested in the passing cars. You can go into the Bastille Opera and visit the gift shop while you are there, or go behind the Opera and find one of the stairways up to the Promenade Plantée and take a leisurely walk along there.

Posted by
1986 posts

Arch d Triomphe down champs elysee, around Cocorde, through Tuileries Gardens; Marais, Pompidou. From anywhere up to Monmartre; along the seine; Left bank; and then that afternoon.........

Posted by
10344 posts

Rive Gauche. And Blvd St Michel to Place St Andres-des-Arts to Place St Michel.

Posted by
283 posts

WOW! There are so many. Rue de Rivoli is one of my favorites from the Louvre to Bastille. If you like to shop, don't miss this one. It goes by ETAM (one of my favorites), BHV and tons of other great shops to see. Lots of restaurants, cafes to stop and watch people. My other favorite is down the Seine riverbank from Latin quarter to D'Orsay. No shopping, just beautiful views of Notre Dame, Louvre, etc.

Posted by
10235 posts

Place des Vosges[INVALID]strolling under the peaceful arcades, looking into the gallery and antique shop windows, passing the diners sitting outside in this beautiful 16th/17th century enclosed square.

Posted by
199 posts

Along Canal St. Martin. Especially on a weekend.