Please sign in to post.

Swiss Saver Pass Question

Hi--my husband, sister and I will all be going to Switzerland in early August. If we get the Saver Pass for 3 people, and my husband wants to stay in the Berner Oberland to hike while my sis and I want to make an extra day trip or two, should we get 3 on the Saver Pass? Will the conductors honor the pass if the third party isn't there just once?

Posted by
4 posts

Oh--the Saver Pass isn't a type of Eurrail Pass that just has to be validated and used on the train directly?

Posted by
7209 posts

The Saver Pass just means there is 1 ticket with all of your names on it. Who ever has posession of the ticket is the one who can travel. If all 3 persons are there no problem, if only 1 person is there no problem...as long as you have the ticket in your hand.

Posted by
16285 posts

I'm not sure why Steve is talking about showing the pass to buy tickets. A Swiss Saver Pass (which can be either a Flex Pass or a consecutive day pass) is not a Eurail Pass but works similarly. Once it is validated with starting and ending dates, you just board the train---no need to stop at the ticket window unless you are riding a cablecar or high mountain train that isn't fully covered. If it is a Flex Pass, be sure to enter the date of use in the little box before you board your first train that day.

To answer your question---you can put 3 people on the pass and 2 of you can use it to take a daytrip without the third person being present. However, your husband would not also be able to use it that day to get to his trailhead for hiking. (Or possibly he could use the half-fare feature if it is a Flex Pass; it would be worth asking at a ticket window about that if he is going to be riding lifts on the same day).