Please sign in to post.

Electrical adapter

We're about to leave this week and I have 3 different types of electrical adapter. It is because here in US ,we have the 110 volts and there they have 220volts right? I heared but am not sure it is true that with the new camera or camcorder, it will automatically adjust the voltage. I might have misheared.

Posted by
2876 posts

If your camera and camcorder are 110 V only, you'll need to bring a voltage converter as well as plug adapters (an adapter doesn't convert voltage, it just allows your American plugs to fit into European sockets).

Posted by
32212 posts

sally,

As the others have pointed out, you'll need to check the Charger that was supplied with your Camera / Camcorder to determine the Input Voltage. If this states 100-240 VAC, then all you'll need is Plug Adapters appropriate for the countries you'll be visiting.

Note that mainland Europe requires a different Plug Adapter than the U.K. I'd suggest taking at least two, in case one gets "misplaced" or whatever. One other thing to note is that if the Chargers you're using have three pins, you'll require grounded Plug Adapters which are slightly different for countries in mainland Europe. While two-pin (ungrounded) Adapters will work, I prefer to use grounded if that's what the product is designed for.

Check www.magellans.com for a good description of the various types.

Happy travels!