Please sign in to post.

Paris Taxi

The cost of a taxi is steep. Does anyone know if the rates are per person or per cab? Do they have mini-vans to accommodate 5 people?

Thanks for any info.

Posted by
11507 posts

I don't find the taxis in Paris any more expensive then they are in my own town. They are metered ( so not per person) , and there is a one euro charge per piece of luggage. The rate is slightly higher at night.
There are van taxis,, but I have not seen many of them, I think you are most likely to find them at the airport.

If you are thinking of taking a taxi from the airport to the city I find them cheap, where I live it would cost the same and its a shorter distance!

We have 3 kids, so I know that a family of 5 definately finds some things are harder then a family of 4,, taxis often only take 4 and hotel rooms are the same.. we often have had to "upgrade" from a hotel room to suite( or from one cabin to two on cruises) because they wouldn't let us have 5 in room,, and this last time was in Hawaii!

Five don't really live as cheaply as 4,,

Posted by
9110 posts

One thing about the Paris taxis, they'e under the aegis of the prefecture of police, so there's no hanky-panky. The small lights under the big "TAXI" light show what meter system they're using at the moment -- this also means something to the fuzz, what, I have no idea.

Posted by
18 posts

Thank you so much! We are a group of five women taking what we all hope will be the trip of a lifetime! My daughter is a pilot so I have taken advantage of the perks of being her parent.

Posted by
8700 posts

According to the reports I've read, there definitely are minivan taxis in the ranks at CDG and Orly. I'm only guessing, but you may also find them in the ranks at the mainline train stations.

Here's a list of extra charges from the Taxis Bleus site:

S.N.C.F. RAILWAY STATIONS : pick-up charge is increased by 0,70 € at special signposted areas.

TRANSPORT OF A FOURTH ADULT PASSENGER : 2.60 €

TRANSPORT OF A DOMESTIC ANIMAL : 0,60 €

LUGGAGE : Suitcase or parcel weighing more than 5 kilos : 0,90 € per item.

Posted by
11507 posts

LOL,, and I thought you were a family with kids!

Since its 5 grown ups you could just take the RER,,its easy ( as long as you don't have alot of luggage) and fast.It's 8.90 euros so will be slightly cheaper,, but not so much cheaper that a taxi wouldn't be a fair deal either.