Please sign in to post.

In addition to Venice?

Me and my wife are planning a vacation to Europe in early June. We will be arriving in Venice from Delhi on Jun 8th and departing from Venice back to Delhi on June 16th...so we have about 9 days. In addition to Venice, which other cities in Europe we can do? We are looking for a romantic vacation....both of us like historical monuments, walking in streets and sitting in piazzas.....

Posted by
355 posts

You can take a train from Venice to Florence very easily. Florence is wonderful for the things you like to do. Siena is another easy train ride from Florence and it is a wonderful smaller city to enjoy sitting in piazzas, walking and history.
I would personally stick with Italy since there are so many wonderful places within the country to visit.

Posted by
23 posts

Thanks Kathryn. I have done Italy before (Rome, Pisa, Milan and Venice)and so looking forward to something different though I don't mind going to Venice again with my wife....

Posted by
881 posts

Lubljana is not far by car, and Thursday nights (or most summer nights) are great there, as everyone comes out on the town.

Train and bus connections are a bit feisty (and 1 day rentals aren't cheap), but if you wanted to make it a 3-day thing, you could head up to the resort cities on the coast (Portorose, Piran area 4hrs), take a day on the beach - some nice spas there. Take Day 2, and go up to Ljubljana (3hr ish) and stay, then catch the caves in Postojna (Postojna, Predjama or Skocjan) on the way back - 3hrs back to Venice.

Just an alternative idea, and definitely something new if you've seen most of Italy... though not necessarily as romantic.