Please sign in to post.

madrid airport

My husband and I will be flying back to Chicago out of Madrid airport. Our plane leaves at about noon on a Tuesday. I know to allow 3 hours when flying out of Ohare to an international destination but am unsure how much time to allow for Madrid. We will also be returning a car at the airport before we head to our plane. Any thoughts/experience will be greatly appreciated. Velda

Posted by
4555 posts

I usually try to be there 2 1/2 hours before, and I usually miss any big lineups. Add an extra half hour to return your car.

Posted by
182 posts

i just flew out of there on march 26. it is a big airport, and i thought everything was slow. i flew iberia to london heathrow and the lines were crazy. security at this airport seems strange in terms of the que and the time spent stopping the x ray machine. i was three hours early and needed most of that. have fun be safe.

Posted by
69 posts

One thing experienced last year in both Madrid and Barcelona airports is they do not go by group number or seat number in boarding Iberia Air. They simply formed a line and first ones first, are the first ones in.
Please allow at least 2 hours to board because of security line.