Please sign in to post.

Barcelona Lodging

We are looking for a medium to small reasonably priced hotel, with free breakfast, (if that is an option in Spain) Not too far off the beaten path, possibly Ramblas or Gotic area. Traveling in late May.

Posted by
1878 posts

Try hotel Lloret http://www.hlloret.com/ Right by Placa Catalunya, easy walk to or from the airport bus. My wife and I stayed there in 2005. Earlier this year I was in Barcelona on business and stayed over a couple of days, stayed there again.

Posted by
536 posts

Hi Maureen - Located right on Las Ramblas , a few hundred yards from La Boqueria -
http://www.royalramblashotel.com/en/home/
Stayed there several times - A great location - excellent rooms, and very close to my favorite Gelato stand on Las Ramblas!!!
Remeber , at the bottom of Las Ramblas by the old port you can pick Barcelona Bus Turistic , open air bus that will show you many of the great sites, allowing you to get off and back often as often as you like!

Greg

Posted by
69 posts

We stayed last year at Hotel Inglaterra which is near the bus and metro stops and centrally located for major sites. It has great ratings in Trip Advisor and we agree for a mid-priced hotel. We took the Aeroport (blue bus) for 4.50E from Prat airport to the Placa Universitat stop which is just a few steps walk to the hotel itself. Their web pictures are true to what you see-very nice, clean and quiet inspite it being in front of a major street. Lots of restaurants around and just a walk away to the Placa Catalunya and Ramblas area. Since we booked early (early bird special) they included breakfast in our rate.

Posted by
106 posts

Check out Hotel Curious, Haven't stayed there yet but we have a reservation there and the reviews on TripAdvisor are stellar, to say the least. And that is matched on other hotel review sites as well.

Posted by
3 posts

Try Pulitzer Hotel, we just spent a few days there -- steps from Plaza Catalunya medium size, neat interior design, higher end ambience, around 135 euro a night (queen size bed, no breakfast, booked through Expedia).

Posted by
1878 posts

I second the suggestion of Hotel Lloret. It is easy walking distance from the bus to/from the airport if that helps. The staff are nice, breakfast included, and some rooms overlook the Ramblas. I have stayed there twice, most recently this past January, and it was great both times.