Please sign in to post.


My camera, cell and hairdryer all have 120-240V capacity (marked on the label...there is no switch or button to change from one to another). Do I need a converter as well as a special plug in France to charge these appliances? Jennifer

Posted by
4555 posts

No you don't...they should all have transformers inside to cope with that range of electrical voltage (altho I'm surprised your hairdryer doesn't have a little slotted knob to switch from one to the other). So all you should need is an adapter plug for France. Make sure your cell works on European frequencies, or you may as well leave that at home.