Please sign in to post.

Venice Airport

Hello! I am looking at a flight to Sicily that would leave us with an 11 hour layover at the Venice airport. It says the airport is 7.5 miles from town.. but how convieniant/close is to to downtown? Would we have enough time to explore for a little or should we play it safe and stay at the airport. Thank you in advance!

Posted by
1 posts

You can take a boat from the airport to the city.it takes ~ 1hr. There is an specific line (i think it it the blue line). So, 11hr layover minus 2-hr commute = 9 hours to spend in venice..

Posted by
32 posts

I believe there are water taxis that are even faster between the airport and town (for a higher cost of course, but probably worth it for your situation). And from what I remember, Venice is a small airport, so you shouldn't have to get there TOO early...but don't take my word for it because I only flew in to Venice, didn't fly out from there. Enjoy! Venice is amazing!

Posted by
19099 posts

Just make sure we are really talking about Venice's Marco Polo airport. Some airlines (like RyanAir) say they are going to Venice, but it is really the far out Treviso airport. It's much more difficult to get from there into Venice.

Posted by
354 posts

There's also a blue airport bus that between Marco Polo airport to Venice, it takes 20 - 25 minutes. A water taxi would cost 100 euro. Cheaper to take the Alilaguna boat or the bus. Treviso Airport is a whole other story.