Please sign in to post.

2 weeks in France

We are booked to spend 1st 5 nights near Arc de Trioumphe, next 2 nights in Versailles, then 2 nights in Bayeaux, 1 night on Mont St. Michel, then back to Paris for last 3 nights in
Rue Cler area. Can someone give me specifics on trains to take to and from each of these stops and type of travel/rail passes that would best serve us? Also, what would be our best way to reach Mont St. Michel from Bayeaux?

Posted by
1035 posts

There is a shuttle that runs from the Churchill Hotel in Bayeaux to Mont St. Michel....

Posted by
1068 posts

Have you explored the option of a Eurail pass? http://www.eurail.com/ I haven't used one lately, but know that they have all kinds of passes that can really help you cut down on how much you spend getting around. And the website lists a one-country rail pass starting as low as $49 bucks.

To get to Versailles, however, I always recommend the RER for speed and ease. You can also take a surface bus, if it's a pretty day and you want to sightsee along the way.

Posted by
4132 posts

Rail service Paris to Bayeux us great, but is otherwise so thin in Normandy that I'd recommend renting a car while you are there.

Versailles is close enough to Paris, by RER, that you might want to just stay put and visit Versailles as a day trip.

Unless you are planning other travel in France, in which case a France saverpass might be a good value, you are probably best off with round-trip tickets for Bayeaux and for Versailles.

Have a great trip!