Please sign in to post.

Madrid Hotel recommendations

I am looking for a quality, comfortable, English speaking staff, quiet hotel in Madrid in the 3-4 star range around the Gran Via area. Venere.com has some I have initial interest in - 1.) De Las Letras H & R 2.) Hotel Preciados and 3.) Vincci Via 66 Hotel. Any thoughts or any others to consider? Thanks

Posted by
46 posts

Hello,

In February 2008 I stayed at Hotel Preciados. I thought its location was great as it was near restaurants and the metro. I seem to remember that the rate was reasonable, even back then when 1 Euro was = approximately $1.50. It's about $1.40 today. I do remember that some of the staff spoke English, and I don't remember any noise issues. Hope this helps.

Posted by
811 posts

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Preciados this past March and really enjoyed our stay. The location was fully within walking distance of the tourist sights, the room and bathroom were spacious and modern, the bed was large, there was a fridge with complementary soft drinks, juice, and water, and the best part was that the windows had metal shutters that blocked out street noise and lights (and were fully operable up/down by a button next to the bed). We're easily impressed.

Oh, and the other best part was the breakfast spread. Unrivaled in size and variety by any other place we've stayed in Europe.

Sorry I can't help with an unbiased opinion of the hotel choices, as we've only been to Madrid once and stayed at the Preciados (by the way, found a great deal for it on Expedia, which is why we stayed there). But it would be my top pick should we find ourselves in Madrid again!

(PS Edited to add that all the staff we encountered spoke English, as well)