Please sign in to post.

Travel to Paris

I am traveling to Paris to retireve my daughter who is visiting our former neibours in Germany. I have never been to Paris and am reviewing apratments to rent. I am unsure of safe, convenient neighborhoods and would appreciate some advice regarding safe, convenient locations. I have two apartments I am currently reviewing, one is in 15 at Rue de General Beuret and the other on Avenue franklin roosevelt. There is a significant price difference and would any feedback people can provide. Many thanks in advance for travel expertise in Paris!

Posted by
79 posts

I stayed very near the one you're looking at in the 15th while I studied abroad there (same metro stop), and it was very safe. I loved the area, I'd stay there again. It's further away from the center of the city, but not by much. It's a 5 minute bus ride away from the Eiffel Tower, and I'd say about 15 minute metro ride away from Notre Dame, so I thought it was close enough. I don't know about safety at the other, but it's certainly in a more touristy area. I imagine that is the more expensive one, considering it's proximity to the Champs-Elysees. Good luck!

Posted by
4555 posts

We usually stay in an apartment about 2 blocks from the Rue de General Beuret location, on Rue Borromee. Very safe, traditional Paris residential neighbourhood. Great little shops and restaurants along Rue Cambronne and Rue Lecourbe (including grocery stores)....and a cute little square (actually a triangle) and General Beuret and Cambronne. Close to the metro, therefore, close to just about anywhere.