Please sign in to post.

Cinque terra

Would you recommend going there in late March? What about the rest of Italy?

Posted by
108 posts

It's never really cold in the Cinque Terra area, and it's difficult to predict which week will be the rainy week in spring. But the Cinque Terra is a beautiful area to be seen any time of the year! If you go walking on the paths along the sea, be aware the red paths are free, but not the blue ones. One of the best views is from la Punta Mesco. You'll find it on the path (red path!) from Levanto to Monterosso. It's a wonderful walk (plan about 3 hours)

Posted by
12172 posts

Compared to Minnesota, March will be hot in Italy. I think it's a good time to travel. You may have rain but I don't think you would see anything that seems cold when you're acclamated to the Northern US.

The trail in CT can wash out and close during the rain. Other than that the towns will be more enjoyable because they won't be crowded (but the restaurants will close earlier than in the summer).

I probably wouldn't go into the Italian Alps or Dolomites unless your hoping for snow. Everything South of the Alps should be reasonably comfortable.