Please sign in to post.

France Provence

We intendto travell to Provence France on the second half of October 2007.What do we have to expect the weather? How many raining days? Clothes to pack? Thank you in advance

Posted by
13 posts

We were there two years ago around that time and we had only a few evenings of rain (but it rained pretty good). It was a bit cool early, but was nice by afternoon. I would take layers (shirt, sweater, and light rain/wind-breaker). Enjoy!

Posted by
124 posts

I just returned from Provence and the temperature and rainfall really depends where in the area you are and the time of day. It is at about the same latitude as New York State, but the area on the Cote d'Azur is more of a Mediterranean climate - warm days with cooler nights.

Check www.accuweather.com for weather statistics.

Definitely dress in layers and bring a light rain jacket. You can buy an umbrella there if it rains really hard. Take silk underwear - light but warm, also an extra pair of shoes/sandals in case your main pair get wet, just nice to switch when walking a lot.

People tend to dress up more when going out for the evening, even in the smaller towns so bring a dressier outfit to have dinner out in a restaurant.

Bon voyage!

Posted by
4 posts

Dear Debbie
Thanks foryour deeply interest in my qeestion. The world is wide and people are close. I'm from Israel and I recieved letters from you in Canada and more from USA.Thanks again
Amnon