Please sign in to post.

4 days in Paris

Arriving on Sunday morning in late July. Staying near Arch de Triumph. Will the fountains in Versailles still be flowing on Tuesday or Wednesday? Should 'hope on/off' be done on Sunday's? Previously seen Eiffel, Louve, Notre Dame on last trip in. What else should I be able to do in the remaining time?

Posted by
1078 posts

I second everything Anita suggested! Also I would spend at least 1/2 day in the Louve, it really is one of the greatest museum's in the world.
Don

Posted by
3391 posts

The fountains at Versailles will be turned on in July but only for a few hours on days and you must secure tickets. Visit their website for more information. For other thigs to do in Paris I highly recommend seeing Sainte Chapelle - best stained glass chapel in Europe (my opinion, of course) - the walls, or lack thereof, of this small chapel are stunning. Go to the Musee d'Orsay and spend an hour or two upstairs looking at the impressionists. Go wander Luxembourg Gardens. Take in the view from the Sacre Ceour and wander the neighborhood around it. Walk the quais along the Seine and participate in the Paris plage. Go to the Isle St. Louis behind Notre Dame and wander down the main street - great shops and restaurants. Just a few ideas! I'm sure many others will chime in on this one...
Have a marvelous 4 days!

Posted by
9420 posts

The Luxembourg Gardens and Ile St. Louis are my two favorite places in Paris. I love walking all around Ile St. Louis, Ile de la Cite, along the river to Place de la Concorde, cross the bridge, walk back to Notre Dame, then through the 5th and the 6th to the Luxembourg Gardens for a picnic or to eat at the cafe in the gardens by the bandstand. Explore and hang out there for a while. Very fun. The Hop-On, Hop-Off bus can be done anytime. We always enjoy doing that. We also really enjoyed the Nissim de Camondo museum. Once the elegant home of a wealthy family. It's next to Parc Monceau. Highly recommend renting bikes at Versailles. Very fun way to see everything. They're by the Grand Canal. I love Versailles, the palace and the grounds, but not on fountain day. Way more crowded and they blare loud canned music over a bad PA system.

Posted by
262 posts

Anita is spot on! It's is exactly what I would have suggested. Enjoy your 4 days
in my favorite city in the world. Happy Travels!

Posted by
14 posts

Thanks to all. Sounds like our 2nd trip to the City of Light is going to be better than the 1st. :)