Please sign in to post.

4 days in Berner Oberland - Hikes and other stuff.

Hello

My husband and I are going to reach BO, we are staying in Lauterbrunnen on Day 1 at around 4:30 pm in the afternoon. (this includes are check in time into the hotel. ) We are going to be based in hotel Staubbach in the Lauterbrunnen Valley. Once we check in, I was thinking maybe we can spend rest of the evening walking around the town of Lauterbrunnen, or if anyone has suggestions for short/quick hikes they are welcome.
The rest of the 3 days (all weather dependant and in not specific order)
1. We will spend an entire day going up to Jungfrau -but we are going to do the lift/hike combination as recommended by Rick Steve -> Mannlichen-Kleine Scheidegg Hike. In this manner we will also get to explore Wengen on our way back from Jungfrau. I was wondering how long this entire trip would take, and if we are energetic could we do something else after this?
2. NorthFace Trail from Allemndhubel. -> We will spend a day doing this and will consider combining it with some mini hikes for instance since we are in Lauterbrunnen, we will probably go up to Gimmelwald and then hike to Murren from Gimmelwald and then take the funicular to Allmendhubel.
3. Need a hike recommendation - we were considering the Gimmelwald - Tanzbodeli-Obersteinberg-Stechelberg - but any other alternate recommendations are welcome.
Please let me know if we are skipping any complete must see or must do hike in the this region.

Thanks.

Posted by
9099 posts

-For an easy hike from Lauterbrunnen head in the direction of Trummelbach Falls (there are signs which will point you in the right direction). It will probably be closed by the time you reach it, but the scenery along the way is excellent and the hike is totally flat.

-Jungfrau plus the Mannlichen-Kleine Scheidegg hike is a full day...you shouldn't try to squeeze anymore in. The scenery in the region is so spectacular that it's tempting to hike everyday until your legs give out. But it's important to pace yourself and not over do it. Your feet, knees, and back will thank you:)

Posted by
188 posts

I have gotten 7 replies to this post, but for some reason I cannot see anything. I dunno why. :(

Posted by
521 posts

Although not too helpful for hiking times, click here for a map of hiking trails along the Schilthorn.