Please sign in to post.

Paris in November

My family will be traveling in Paris (6 of us) the last week of November. We are staying right outside Paris for 5 nights, but I am currently looking for an apartment rental IN Paris for the first 3 nights. Having never been there, I would love help on which district to stay in. Any suggestions? Also, just general suggestions of what to see and do in November. Sue

Posted by
18 posts

Can't help you with the apartment...but we were there last November. Bring layers and small umbrellas that can be carried in purses in case it rains. The weather was cold, rainy, and even snowy...but you will be in Paris. So who cares?

Posted by
9422 posts

I would recommend the 4th, 5th or 6th arrondissement. It's the heart of Paris with Ile Saint Louis (the little island behind Notre Dame), in the 4th, being my absolute favorite area of all.

Two of my favorite things to do are: 1) just walking, especially along the river from Ile Saint Louis to the Eiffel Tower or Place de la Concorde and back to Ile Saint Louis and 2) the Luxembourg Gardens...a wonderful park.

Paris is wonderful any time of the year!

Posted by
448 posts

First suggestion is to start booking NOW and i recommend cross-pollinate.com. We've used them for apt rental in Rome and they were very reliable. Re: what to see and do in Paris in Nov...if it's your first time, just do the Must See's already mentioned..but maybe your "staying right outside of Paris" has made those thing already possible....I'm curious to know which outside of Paris you'll be in..

Posted by
13 posts

We are actually staying in, or near Fontainebleau, in an old barn converted into a bed and breakfast. Our son stayed there last March, and said it was wonderful. I understand it is still an easy drive to and from Paris, but that there are wonderful little villages, castles, etc., along the countryside.

Posted by
689 posts

This is a question that's asked frequently, and we all have our own favorite areas (mine's the 7th). But when you look at a map of the sights you'll probably want to visit in Paris, you'll notice that they're spread out all over the city. So just stay near a metro stop, and almost whereever you choose, you'll be fine. Keep in mind that the "outer" arrondissments are sometimes not as desirable (there are certainly exceptions to this); I would recommend staying in 1 through 8, closest to the city center (see the map below):

http://www.parisnet.com/parismap.html

Also, given that short term apartment stays are harder to find than week long stays, you might be constrained by your choices in that regard. So perhaps start seeing what apartments are actually available with only a month's notice for 3 days, and go from there.