Please sign in to post.

Munich To Paris

What is the best way to travel from Munich to Paris. My wife and I are traveling to Germany in October and would like to spend a weekend in Paris. I will have a car if needed.

Posted by
108 posts

Well...describe "best"

For me, the "best" way would be by train. Looks like there's a daytime train that takes about 6 hours (probably quicker than a flight). Personally, I'd probably opt for an overnight train in a private compartment. But I like to sleep on trains...

Posted by
59 posts

We are travelling the opposite - Paris to Munich and I found the "best" way for us is the day train. It was actually the cheapest and quickest way to get there.

Posted by
123 posts

Trains, trains, trains!!! You can not beat the deal, comfort, and 'stress-less-ness' trains provide:)

Posted by
19099 posts

I could not find any direct AirBerlin flights from Munich to Paris. All the flights I found were about 3½ hrs via Duesseldorf or Berlin. When you add in time to get to the airport (at least 40 min), 2 hours pre-checkin, travel time from the airport into town, you'll have over 6 hours, and a lot of hassle, invested.

You can do it by ICE/TGV in just over 6 hours and as low as €39 by purchasing in advance on the Bahn website.

Posted by
8700 posts

There is also a direct CNL night train. If you will be returning to Munich and it fits your schedule, you could take a day train one way and the night train the other way. That will give you more daylight hours for sightseeing in Paris and save you the cost of a night in a hotel. To get the best fare, book ASAP at www.bahn.de.