Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam to Paris BY TRAIN

leaving a week from Tuesday for Paris from AMS. What's the best train deal? .... and which area would you stay in Paris for 3 days?

Posted by
9109 posts

The Thalys high speed train offers direct service from Amsterdam Centraal Station to Paris Nord station.; travel time is four hours. You can check schedules and purchase tickets at:

www.nshispeed.nl

Posted by
875 posts

Thalys is pretty much your only option for the train ride.

We like the 6th arrondisement -- close to Notre Dame, Luxembourg Gardens, the Latin Quarter (5th arrondisement), St. Chappelle, Ile St. Louis -- just a lot of places where we like to go. Easy to get to the metro; easy to get to the Louvre & the d'Orsay. But those are all personal choices -- it just depends on what YOU are wanting to see while you are there.

Posted by
368 posts

Doug,
Go to Thalys.com and book it today. If your date was July 28th I found fares at 36E for the later trains and 66E for the earlier ones that day. It is very easy to book tickets from home. On the inital page pick Netherlands in the top left & english as your language if not there already. When you go to book make sure you pick a paper ticket and the location the Netherlands again. Just print them out at home and I would make a few copies just in case. I always recommend a hotel close to a metro in Paris for ease of getting around. Check out RS suggestions for hotels.